It’s a worldwide war; the war between the dog lovers and the cat lovers. Each side thinks that their choice is the best possible choice. However, you just have to be around cats for a little while to be swayed to their side. Cats exude an air of superiority that makes those who share their lives with them feel privileged. They are the most lovable of creatures, when they want to be. They have a mind of their own that you want to respect rather than to subdue. The dog lovers may disagree, but here are my 10 reasons why cats are better than dogs.
Image via Wikipedia
- Cats use a litter box. You don’t have to get up at 6am to walk them in all types of weather. They also do not take much training in using a litter box as kittens. You just sit them in the litter box and they know what to do.
- Cats are independent. You can leave a cat alone for a few days and they will not be traumatized. Just make sure you leave enough dry food and water available to them.
- Cats wash themselves. While you may have to wash them very occasionally if they get into something dirty, cats do a good job of keeping themselves clean. Their self cleaning does lead to hairballs but there are ways to prevent hairballs.
- Cats are quieter. A cat’s meow is usually much quieter than a dogs bark. They will not wake you up in the middle of the night barking at anything that moves.
- Cats are more sophisticated looking than dogs. Cats are sleek and almost always attractive. They give off a regal air when they sit.
- Cats don’t usually beg for food. They might not always be happy with the food they are given but they won’t usually sit at the dining room table and beg for scraps.
- Cats purr. There is nothing like a cat’s purr to make you feel good. It has been proven that a cat’s purr can lower your blood pressure and your stress levels. There are also studies that suggest that cats use their purring to manipulate humans.
- Cats rub against you to show affection. They show affection by rubbing their heads against your legs or by giving you a gentle head butt.
- Cats don’t expect to be taken for walks. Most cats will not tolerate being put on a leash and will not usually cooperate when you try to take them for a walk anyway.
- Cats can live their entire lives indoors. While many people let their cats roam free, many others, especially in cities, keep their cats indoors at all times and the cats are perfectly happy and content.
I hope you agree with my assessment. If you have an alternate view, why not write an article about it. Or comment below and let me know.
Image via Wikipedia