List of 50 interesting facts about cats:
1. If a cat licks the hands, face or hair, take it as a great compliment: it acicalándote as one of “theirs”
2. If a cat lies on her back to see you means you have confidence, because in this position could not fend off an attack
3. People who have cats live longer, have less stress and have fewer heart attacks
4. Cats believe they are the owners of the house where cohabits with humans
5. When a cat rubs against you, is because you are dialing as part of its territory
6. A cat almost never communicates with a “meow” at another cat, this sound is used to communicate with humans
7. If a cat’s tail up and keeps it fully extended upward, you are greeted
8. If your cat gets sick and stops washing, wash you, and you can lose the will to live just be dirty and forgotten
9. Tri colored cats or up to four colors, are exclusively female
With three colors black coat, red and cream-(range hawksbill) and four-color when wearing white. Is given the particularity that the tricolor and cuatricolores are only females, and in some cases of male extrañísimos, these are sterile.
10. Cats make them more appropriate for women than men, because they react better to a voice sharp
11. Cats do not understand punishment, but the rewards when they do something right
12. Cats have excellent night vision
13. Cats sleep 16 to 18 hours a day. But still asleep, are alert to any stimulus
14. The cat walks and runs by moving the front and rear legs on the same side. Only the camel, giraffe and cat have this peculiarity
15. Cats hate the smell of oranges and lemons
16. After eating the cats are washed away. It’s a survival instinct that drives them to do so for predators will not smell the food so they can be attacked.
17. Ancient Egyptians shaved their eyebrows in mourning when his cat died
18. The purring of cats is able to reassure themselves when they are sick or scared
19. Most blue-eyed white cats are deaf, unless they have an eye color different from the other
20. Black cats are generally quieter than whites, who are always very nervous
21. Just as humans have fingerprints and are unique, the design of the nose pad of the cat is unique, no two cats with the same design
22. The language of cats is made up of tiny hooks that help tear food. So feel scratchy to the touch skin
23. Chocolate is toxic to cats
24. The ears of the cats are ultrasonic. This means they can hear frequencies inaudible to you. Like what? As the sounds that rodents use to communicate.
25. The cat’s whiskers fall out and grow back periodically. His disappearance affects the sense of movement and orientation of the animal. Therefore, it is important not to cut them.
26. Cats can have from 3 to 7 kittens every four months and during his life, a cat can have kittens 100
27. Can a cat live their entire lives inside a house? The answer is yes. One study has shown that the average lifespan of cats living inside a house, is much greater than that of cats living on the street. Although cats can live their entire lives inside a house, you have to get fresh air to breathe …
28. There is a plant that fascinates cats, I do enjoy sublime moments for a few minutes. This is the cataria nepeta, also called cat mint, thyme family and lavender. Her perfume triggers a behavior in animals, similar to that of a female in heat.
29. The cats like to sleep with the back leaning on something, this is to prevent someone appears behind them
30. Your heart beats twice as fast as that of humans.
31. The cats also have stress. Cats have stress, form in which it is released from scratching objects in vertical position, so that stretch relax because bloodstream and activates its body toning due to stretching that occurs.
32. The cat has 32 muscles in each ear, running them as a kind of satellite dishes dirigibles to the sound source
33. Each cat has its own meow and purr. Can two purring cats have a similar, but nevertheless there is always some difference.
34. Cats see in color. However, the number received is limited and depends on the amount of light. Therefore, during the night are black and white, but better distinguish objects and distances.
35. Legend of the 7 lives. This is because often survive falls reach really serious, this is because they have the wonderful ability to turn around in the air and landing on all fours. It is said that some cats that have fallen from floors, failed to drop “perfect” due to the rapid …
36. If a cat keeps his tail between his hind legs, you have accepted a defeat or being submissive
37. To call the attention of a cat, clicks his tongue repeatedly really fast
38. The cat is instinctively a hunter, but if your mother does not teach the duration of the breeding, will never be a truly effective
39. Superstition has to hear the sneeze of a cat is good luck
40. The grooming of cats. Cats will spend the bathroom many times a day, before or after an activity or going to bed, you begin to clean, and is a sign that is relaxed, but when cleaned frequently might have heat.
41. A curious fact is that females tend to have better vision than males
42. Cats can smell odors with the mouth. In addition to do with the nose, with a body smell cats, called Jacobson, located at the top of the mouth.
43. You can teach a cat to give paw like a dog, but a lot of patience to achieve requerirás
44. Most cats are attracted to menthol (lozenges, toothpaste etc.).
45. Cats lose almost the same amount of fluid in the saliva while cleaning, as if urinating
46. Its territory. Males usually have a strong sense of ownership. They mark their territory with a strong-smelling urine.
47. Cats are eighteen fingers. Five on the forefeet and four on the rear. However, there are cats that a ‘genetic defect’ have a couple of extra fingers on the back legs.
48. In domestic cats purring has a frequency between 25 and 150 vibrations per second.
49. The taste buds of cats do not detect sweet tastes
50. Some cats reject their young, and they even eat them. Rejection occurs most often in kittens that are born sick or with a birth defect. Mothers notice unusual behavior in their offspring, do not recognize and decide to ignore them. Sometimes rejection can get to cannibalism: it eats the placenta and umbilical cord chew …