This is my cat, Mr niaou Stray, found 2 month old in old house ready for demolition, a worker heared him by luck!!!! Now seven years later alive and kicking!! Go niaoulino!!! Love u..
- If you know someone who has poisoned an animal or intends to do, complain to the police. POISONING IS A CRIME.
- Do not contribute to the problem, be responsible for your own pet and make sure your pet is not disturbing or upsetting your neighbors.
- If you find a poisoned animal, call veterinarian immediately
- Support an association of Friends of Animals and take part in volunteer programs. Even one hour a week can help to suffering animals.
- Spread the steps to save the poisoned animal and the severe penalties provided by the law.
- Notify media whether in your area be mass poisonings.
- Write to the Mayor of your County, ask to take measures against poisoning and to apply the law.
What to do if you find out that an animal or your pet has been poisoned
Most common symptoms when an animal have been poisoned:
- Excessive salivation,
- muscle tremors,
- lack of coordination of movement,
- agonizing look,
- collapse and convulsions,
The symptoms may vary depending on what poison has the animal been given, and in what quantity. Consult a veterinarian IMMEDIATELY and tell him what caused the poisoning, if you have knowledge of what was the poison that the animal had been given.
Treatment varies, but the animal may not have been poisoned but may have a seizure or gastroenteritis or another simple illness symptom.
- DO NOT give the animal, the usuall vinegar-emetic. 50% die from aspiration into the lungs.
- Keep a kit in your car with all the necessary
What poisons are frequently used in some places
- rat poison,
- broken glass mixed with a delicious canned food, sausages, meat. The chalice is usually given in minced meat.
These poisons cause unimaginable suffering to the poor animal. There is antidote for insecticides and rat poison but not for chalice.
Symptoms to understand whether an animal has been poisoned:
Insecticides liquid or powder:
- excessive tearing,
- reduce of the pupil,
- muscle twitching,
- asthmatic breathing,
Take your pet to a vet quickly. However to give the opportunity for the animal to survive. You must learn to give first aid. To induce the vomiting, Give salt or baking soda orally dissolved in warm water (30-60cc of solution). WARNING: If the animal shows signs of nervousness such as shaking, dizziness, collapse, do not try emetic may cause aspiration pneumonia. After vomiting, give your animal activated charcoal tablets which will delay absorption of the poison. Atropine injection (1 vial for a cat or small dog, 2 or 3 bottles for larger dogs).
Warfarin destroys vitamin K and cause bleeding. Sometimes there are no symptoms for a few days.
- gum stains red, purple or dark blue,
- signs of internal bleeding,
- The animal may be bleeding from the nose, mouth, penis, anus and internally.
The antidote is Vitamin K1 with blood injection, dose 5-20mg depending on the size and weight of the animal. Treatment should be continued daily for a week.
Poisoning with chalice:
The most deadly and cruel method, without an antidote. But the animal must be transported to a vet soon to become a rescue attempt.
Carry your emergency kit with bottled water, salt, atropine Vitamin K1 and syringes. Put these things in a plastic bag in your car or purse. Ask your vet how to give first aid and in what quantities. It can save your pet’s or other animal’s life.
When an animal has been poisoned by insecticides or broken glass is very sensitive to light and noise, protect it. This does not apply to Warfarin. However, if you do not know what poison was used, it is best during the transport to a veterinarian to have the animal covered quiet and comfortable.
How to protect animals from poisoning
- Spay or neuter your neighborhood strays, so not to create new victims.
- Do not leave puppies in the street will not survive, try to find homes for them.
- Neuter your pets to prevent the birth in your unwanted animals. Many abandoned animals from homes. Who leaves? Certainly not the mother!
Protect your pet. Many animals are poisoned in their own home or a walk.
How to move against someone who you saw placing the poison
- Find a witness.
- Pick up the poison and send it for toxicological analysis.
- Report the incident to the police within 24 hours if you can, give the name and address of the poisoner. This case can be litigated in flagrant procedure within 48 hours.
Do not abandon your pet, it will not survive on the street, it will probably be poisoned, plus The law prohibits it
This is my other cat, Mrs catie Stray, found 1 month old in the middle of a central avenue almost blind. Now six years later alive and kicking!! Go catie!!! Love u..
People who poison animals are killers and criminals, do not let them walk out the door unpunished.