Dogs are considered as man’s best fried. But for some reasons, man dislike dogs such as when a dog is keep on howling at night. Here are the reasons why dogs howl.
- Howling is a means for communication for them. When they hear other dogs howling from a distant, they will also howl so that other dogs will be aware of their presence in that place.
- When dogs are bored or no activity, they tend to howl and howl at night to release their bore dome. Just like people who shout because he don’t know what to do. Dogs are trying to get some attention too. The more busy your dog during the day, the less chance that he will keep on howling at night.
- When a male dog want to have sex with other female dog but he can’t. When a male dog is inside a compound and he smell or see a female dog passing by and don’t get his attention, he will howl because of frustration.
- When a group of dogs are enjoying their acquaintance with each other and play. This is like yelling because they like what they are doing.
- Dogs howl when they see the full moon. This is not because during full moons, ghosts and spirits roam around. They howl because they are thinking that there must be dogs out there and they just want to be recognized.
According to folks, dog howls when they see bad spirits in the streets. There is no any basis for this. Some say that dogs are singing. Dogs don’t sing. Howling is just a natural behavior of a dog.
READ MORE ABOUT: