Not too long ago I did an article on the same topic but on a different biased, here is the link www.gomestic.com/pets/15-reasons-why-dogs-are-better-than-cats/ After receiving a huge amount of comments from both dog and cat lovers I decided to do another article but for the other perspective.
So here it is 15 reasons why cats are better than dogs.
15. Cats aren’t loud, even dog lovers have to admit it cats are really quiet, they don’t make much noise while they are moving unless they have bells on them. The loudest noise cats can make is a purr and a simple meow, which is more then what I can say for the barking dog. Has your neighbour ever complained that your cat was purring to loud last night? Didn’t think so.
14. No need to walk a cat, I have to admit I am not the biggest exercise enthusiast so when it comes to walking a dog a lot of the time I just cant be bothered and ends up being a drag, but with cats they don’t need walking which makes them more practical.
13. Cats clean themselves, of course they are not immune to getting dirty so you do have to wash them every now and again but certainly not as much as you do for dogs as they do quite a good job licking themselves and when you wash your cat they don’t smell no where near as bad as dogs do when they are wet- you know what I’m talking about-That wet dog smell.
12. Cats are classy, its true they are very elegant and dogs are no where near as stylish as cats are. But unfortunately cats do get a bit snobby and if you are willing to put up with the teenager attitude then these are the right pets for you.
11. Cats cuddle, I own a few dogs and none of them like being cuddled so I get rejected quite a lot, but with cats as soon as you pick them up you are being cuddled, and as well as that comforting feeling they also keep you warm which becomes a big pro during winter.
10. The good old litter box seems to be a winning point when purchasing a family pet as once a cat is trained to use its litter box, its a lot easier to manage cleaning a box rather then sifting through your whole backyard in order to find where your dog has left is feces.
9. Cats keep some of the pests away, its stereotyped for cats to chase and kill mice but its true, most cats when they see a mouse they will kill it, and I would much rather have dead mice then live mice crawling around my house.
8. Cats are smart, in my other article I said that dogs are more smart, but this is debatable since it depends on the pet you have, its like saying men are smarter then women, there is no way to prove it as both genders have rather strong points and weak points. So whether cats are smarter then dogs relies in luck but one thing we can agree on is that sheep are dumb.
7. Cats are cuter then dogs, although many say otherwise nearly every cat is adorable, but with dogs only a large portion are cute when they are puppies but once they grow up they loose that cuteness.
6. Cat’s don’t dribble, from the cat’s I’ve seen and owned for that matter none of them have dribbled from their mouths, like a lot of dogs do, I’m not saying all dog’s drool but a large portion of dogs do leak saliva from their mouths. (ewe)
5. Cat’s are very in-dependant, unlike dogs cats don’t need constant attention and they are quite content just being alone, if I’m going to work I feel much better if its the cat that’s in the home rather then the dog, as I know the cat will cope fine.
4. Cat’s don’t chew, as far as I’m concerned i feel much safer having my shoe near a cat rather then a dog as a lot of dogs are the chewing type and will chew everything they see shoes, couches, walls bags etc. But cats just aren’t into that sort of stuff.
3. Training is quite simple and straightforward with a cat because there is not that much training to be down but with dogs it can take weeks and months to train it to do simple things like sitting down but cats on the other hand are low maintenance.
2. I don’t know in depth about this one but I do know cats were worshipped in Egypt at one point, that’s something to think about Dog Lover’s.
1. In average the lifespan of a dog isn’t as long as the cat so you are able to enjoy your furry friend longer but this also depends on breed and living conditions.
I hope you enjoyed my article- if not I am guessing you are a dog lover, if so then this article is for you. www.gomestic.com/pets/15-reasons-why-dogs-are-better-than-cats/
Please comment below and remember to click I like button underneath if you are a cat lover.